Saturday 6 September 2014

G.I. Joe's Taurus - M.A.S.K.'s Alex Sector

Coming from the UK, I never grew up with G.I. Joe.  Palitoy made the 12" Action Man, which was our version of Joe, which was then called Action Force when the smaller Figures were introduced.

Then in the mid-80's, G.I. Joe replaced Action Force.  I never watched the cartoons but did collect the comics.

A while back, I bought a copy of the G.I. Joe - The Movie cartoon for £1.  I put it on for my son and whilst watching it, I couldn't help but notice the similarities between the Joe's Taurus and M.A.S.K.'s Alex Sector - 



Anyone else agree?

Whilst on the subject of Alex Sector, I came across this great image over at Deviant Art -


From what I can tell, some dude commissioned the work - I guess with his beard and bald head, he must've had come comments about looking like Alex Sector and decided to go for it...

The boys over at Agents of M.A.S.K. are looking to Recast a movie - so if you have any suggestions for who could play Alex Sector in a movie - head over there now!

Remember the Bring back M.A.S.K. Campaign is still going strong - feel free to make your way over to Change.org and sign the petition.

#MASKday is coming on the 16th of September - keep that day free and keep up-to-date with all of your favourite M.A.S.K. sites - including the M.A.S.K. Comics Facebook Page!

#assembleMASK #MASKComics #Hasbro
#MASKday


2 comments:

  1. The resemblance between the two is quite strong. The beard is virually identical!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think had I been a G.I. Joe fan I may have spotted this earlier. As soon as he came on screen in the movie it clicked with me straight away!

      Delete