Wednesday 12 June 2013

MASKart - Rhino by Darren Gregson

Back in April I posted a Q&A session with Darren Gregson.  Darren is a Graphic Designer who recently moved from his home in England to live in the Good Ol' US of A with his wife.

Some of you may already be familiar with Darren's Facebook Page - The Scribble Machine  - and if you are not, feel free to take a look.  I recently re posted one of Darren's Drawings onto my M.A.S.K Comics Facebook Page -

Darren was experimenting and decided to draw an American Tractor Unit/Big Rig.  When this was posted on his page, not only was I taken aback by how good an artist he truly is, but I saw a similarity between his drawing and one of the most iconic vehicles from M.A.S.K. - namely Rhino.

On The Scribble Machine Blog, we then have this evolution -




I contacted Darren and asked if he would mind if I added his drawing as part of MASKart on my blog.  He asked me to hold off on this for a little while so that he could tweak it to fit in on my blog and below is the fantastic image that he has sent over.

It's great to see the progression from an initial sketch to coloured final image.  Darren explains more of the evolution on his blogspot!  I am pleased to say, I now have this as my Desktop Image on my PC at work.  I'm not sure that Darren intended this image to be Rhino when he started drawing it - but perhaps M.A.S.K. runs deep in him and he subconsciously drew this in respect of one of his favourtie childhood comics.

Darren has a great appreciation for the Artists and their work on the UK M.A.S.K. comic and I'm envious of the fact that he has had the opportunity to interact with them over the years.

If you don't mind me suggesting Darren, perhaps a few T-Shirts made up with this image on them would sell well within the M.A.S.K. community?

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to read my blog and I hope you all appreciate Darren's Artwork as much as I do.  Please feel free to make your comments below or over on my Facebook Page.  Remember and visit The Scribble Machine Facebook Page and The Scribble Machine Blog

I'm trying to get some more content up as quickly as I can - with a review of issue 12 of the comic already started and some more material from Bill that I'm working on.

In the meantime, any M.A.S.K news, articles, drawings, videos, etc., please E-mail me.

And remember to Like, Share and Repost - I'm trying to build up a large community of M.A.S.K. fans - not just of the comics but also the toys and cartoons - and dare I say a M.A.S.K. Movie based on my script?  For a preview of my script please see my previous blogpost!

Thank you,

Scott.

No comments:

Post a Comment